Ramit Sethi is a chartered accountant with extensive domestic / international banking experience and diverse competencies in Corporate Banking, Credit Management, Finance, Corporate Finance Advisory, Restructuring and Business Process Outsourcing.
Currently at the forefront of innovation as Entrepreneur, Ramit is a Consultant and Mentor to early stage technology-enabled companies in India, Singapore and US.
- Founder, StrongBox Ventures as an advisory company in 2012, which promotes Early Stage companies with inputs in Strategy, Talent and Capital raising. www.sboxx.in The belief is that connected devices have democratized channels and put consumers at the center of a rapidly changing world. Small innovative companies with talent, will have an opportunity to reach unbelievable scale, when supported smartly.
- India Advisor / Fund Raiser and Limited Partner for “Tandem” (Usd 100mn), a Silicon Valley Mobile Accelerator Fund.
- Founder & Chief Mentor to “CareerCo”, (www.careerco.in) an IT enabled, online assessment company, which uses psychometrics and helps in identifying the right career choices and initial jobs for young people.
- Board Member & Investor– Tiatros. A US healthcare relationship management solution linking patients to care givers in a HIPPA compliant manner. Focus on Mental Wellness.
- Advisory Board Member – Telr. A Singapore based Payment Solution Company established in UAE, India and Indonesia.
- Investor / Advisor – Gamaya. US Company. A content provider to Animation, Gaming, Movies. Recently released the movie Hanuman Vs Mahiravana in Indian theatres.
- Advisor / Investor – NetImpact. A Global Big Data, Social Analytics Company.
- Outsourcing Advisory – Engaged with a private equity firm to expand the services of their investee LPO Company in Istanbul (Turkey), with an objective to enhance revenue and valuation. In another case, advised a large global accounting firm to develop a captive delivery organization out of India.
- Restructuring Advisory – A Large Indian Export House.
Previous Corporate Journey
Wipro - Global Head - Financial Services (BFSI) BPO/KPO businesses. Started and built the business to a dominant force. Opened Poland / China. 2007 – 2012.
Infosys BPO – Part of the initial start-up team as “Progeon”. Member, Executive Council. Built the KPO services. 2005-2006.
KPMG India – Partner, Corporate Finance & Head, Restructuring Services. Several M&A, valuations and advisory deals. Won “Emerging Market Deal of the Year in 2004”. Built Restructuring Services for India. 2000- 2005.
13 years with Standard Chartered Bank (SCB). India & Dubai. Head Special Assets (Distressed Debt), Member Credit Policy and Early Alert Committees as a Corporate Banker.